Classical Guitar Lessons - Derek Hasted - Higher Poynton, Cheshire
Personal tuition - Structured syllabus - Qualified & Experienced - Patient & Professional - Complete beginners welcome
- I teach classical (fingerstyle) technique
- I'll show you how to apply this to Classical, Spanish, Folk & modern Music
- You'll need a nylon-strung guitar - I can advise you on suitable models to buy
- I teach in 3 terms, nominally 10 weeks and with a half-term break
- I can teach extra lessons if you wish, at cost, but most people appreciate a break!
Lessons plans - a structured way forward
In every lesson I will...
- review how you've been getting on, answer your questions, correct anything that's not quite right
- explain what we will learn next
- teach you each new topic in detail, often supported by handouts to take away
- explain what to practise at home and how it ties in with what we have just learned
To make your time at home work for you, I will...
- prepare for each of your lessons, rather than teach off the cuff
- tailor every lesson to match your progress
- give you a personal Practice Log listing your homework & goals - a weekly diary of your progress
- (for beginners) offer 2 CDs of most of the starter exercises so you can check yourself at home
Playing at home
- For beginners, I recommend 15-30 minutes study on the majority of the days of the week
- For intermediate players, 30-40 minutes will secure adequate progress between lessons
- You won't progress without practice at home - it's where your new skills become automatic
We're a partnership
- I will offer every encouragement if you work hard - we'll both enjoy a sense of achievement
- Let's work together to make the most of our lessons in a fun and unpressured way!